Saturday, June 14, 2014

Blessed beyond compare and a long overdue day on the water....

For the last two months, Mother Nature has toyed with my emotions and my fishing time, and when she wasn't the guilty culprit, work and family life intervened to draw my attention elsewhere.  But first. let me rewind a tad.  For many an aspiring angler, finding equipment and gear you trust and use is a long and sometimes arduous process.  Countless amounts of money can be spent in the search for what works for you.

Over the last three years, my loyalty to PowerTeam Lures is without a doubt the one brand of fishing lures that will always be in my arsenal when I hit the water!  I take great pride in this relationship and will continue to do what I can to help Bob and Katie spread the word about their innovative plastics!!  In turn, they have entrusted their belief in me as a person to continue as a member of their Promotional Staff for another year.  Thank you so much.


Another relationship that I have developed over the last year is one with Kelly and Dustin Phillips of Bull Bay Rods out of Florida.  They build custom rods for both fresh and salt water anglers whether you fish from a boat, kayak or shore, they can build a rod for you and customized to your specifications.  Over the last year, I have added a custom casting rod, two Spectrum Professional spinning rods, a custom live bait jigging rod, two Tactical Series rods (one casting and one spinning) and one flipping rod.  I recently even ordered a custom Tactical Series spinning rod for my son to replace his current rod that he has outgrown.  I believe in their rods so much, that I have sold almost every other rod I own with only a couple left to get rid of.  When I head out on the water for the day, I only have Bull Bay Rods on the water with me!  I was surprised a few weeks ago when I was added to their Professional Fishing Team and Promotional Staff.   Another huge 'Thank you"!!

The third fishing related blessing I was offered in the last few weeks left me literally speechless and came completely out of left field with no prior inclination.  I was offered the opportunity to represent the Power-Pole Shallow Water Anchor company with their new Power-Pole Micro recently released.  Needless to say, I was literally at a loss for words.  One of the biggest challenges I face on the water is boat positioning in wind and current.  Well, the new Micro will definitely help solve those issues for certain!!  I look forward to representing Power-Pole and the new Micro.  The Hobie Pro Angler is an awesome fishing platform to utilize this innovative product on!

Finally, another honor was being added to the Hobie Fishing Team for a third year in a row!  Morgan, Keeton and Kevin went all out this year and showed why they believe in their promotional staff.  They partnered with AFTCO to provide us with quality and innovative technical fishing clothing to use, as well as some awesome headgear and buffs.  I couldn't be more proud to wear Hobie attire when I am out and about and on the water!

As a promotional staffer for major companies, you are the public face representing the name for these companies.  And what better way to represent them than at a Demo Day!!  Recently, Appomattox River Company held their annual demo day for the public to come out and try their hand at the latest offerings from almost every major manufacturer in the paddle sports business.  From PFDs, rack systems and paddles to SUPs, hybrids, SOTs and SINKs.  If it's out there, ARC can likely get you into it!

Thanks Brian Vincent and Kam Goodrich for the awesome photos!

When the opportunity presented itself recently, I took a day off from work and hit a local pond for some Largemouth action. I only had a half day to work with, so a close location was the key. Rigged up my BullBayRods arsenal with four different PowerTeamLures offerings: a 3.5" Food Chain Tube, a wacky rigged Sick Stick, a Swinging Hammer and a Siebert Outdoors Jig with a Craw D'oeuvre trailer. I worked the overhangs by skipping the tube and stick underneath of them and followed them up with some casts parallel to the bank to work the drop offs with the Sick Stick and Jig-n-Craw D.

When I saw bait fish busting the surface, I would fire off some casts with the Swinging Hammer. It was a hot day with not much in the way of relief from the direct sun. The few scattered clouds did little to dispel any direct sun. I knew it was going to be hot, so I was sporting the new #AFTCO Fish Ninja shirt to keep me cool. It worked! Ended up catching ten Largemouth Bass in 5 hours. Eight on the Food Chain Tube (7-Wicked Berry, 1-Gold Digger) and two on the Sick Stick (Red Shad) ranging in size from 16.5" to a fat 18.5" chunk. Most were 17-17.5" but chunky and good fighters.
I know I don't get as much time on the water as many of my friends, but I do try and produce some quality fish when I do get out there.  Even if you only have a few hours to make it happen, do it!  I appreciate the support bestowed upon me by all of my sponsors.  The tools I use are the ones I believe in!  I will do my best to represent you in the best way possible!

Feeling blessed with a loving wife, beautiful children, and sponsors that believe in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment